- newMostly Mets, pres. by Caesars AC: MLB moves and what’s next for the Mets
Toby Hyde and Robert Brender are joined by MetsBlog’s Maggie Wiggin for a roundtable conversation to discuss the latest moves around the N.L. East and MLB, plus what the Mets might do next.…
- 4 hours ago22 Nov 14, 10:00pm -
- newICYMI: The Mets could learn from the Royals on defense
This post was originally published Nov. 17, 2014Maggie Wiggin: It’s unlikely that the Mets will go into 2015 as an offensive juggernaut. Teams that are weak-to-average on offense need to produce in other ways and, as the AL pennant-winning …
- 6 hours ago22 Nov 14, 8:00pm -
- newBackman to manage winter-league
Wally Backman has been named manager for Licey of the Dominican Republic winter-league. (Rubin, Nov. 22)Mets prospects Dilson Herrera and Hansel Robles are part of the Licey team roster.Although it has not been made official, Backman …
- 8 hours ago22 Nov 14, 5:37pm -
- newICYMI: Relationship between Harvey and Mets management is extra important
- 9 hours ago22 Nov 14, 5:00pm -
- newICYMI: Mets may be in market for a RH-hitting outfielder
This post was originally published Nov. 20, 2014The Mets could be in the market for a right-handed hitting corner outfielder, such as free-agents Jonny Gomes or Ryan Ludwick, who could play in right or left field when Michael …
- 9 hours ago22 Nov 14, 5:00pm -
- newDo Mets match up with White Sox, Cubs, D-Backs and Rangers?
The White Sox are open to dealing SS Alexei Ramirez, “but it’s certainly not something we’re pursuing on our end,” their GM Rick Hahn said last week (Kane, Nov. 8). Do the Mets and White Sox a …
- 10 hours ago22 Nov 14, 3:43pm -
- newMets expect to soon acquire a LH reliever
The Mets expect to sign or trade for a left-handed reliever, such as Phil Coke, Joe Beimel and Craig Breslow, by the end of the Winter Meetings, a source with knowledge of the team’s thinking told reporter Mike Puma …
- 14 hours ago22 Nov 14, 11:30am -
- newJosh Satin signs with Reds
John Satin has signed a minor-league deal with the Reds.Satin, 30, was removed from the 40-man roster in October, after which became a free agent.He is a career .243 hitter with a .346 OBP in nearly 300 MLB …
- 14 hours ago22 Nov 14, 11:20am -
- newMadden: Marlins, Jays, Cards, A's and Mets make early splash
It’s already been one of the busiest baseball Novembers in recent memory with the Marlins, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Mets and even the A’s (Billy Butler) all having made bold statements as to their playoff intentions for next season.
- 4 hours ago22 Nov 14, 9:38pm -
- Michael Cuddyer does Q&A with fans on Mets Twitter account
Newest Met Michael Cuddyer took over the club's Twitter account Friday afternoon for a chat with fans and revealed, among other tidbits, that he's unlikely to grow out his hair like Jacob deGrom and he prefers pancakes to waffles.
- 1 day ago21 Nov 14, 10:31pm -
- No Wheel deal: Zack wants to remain with Mets
Zack Wheeler says, “I know what’s about to happen here,” and that’s why the Mets righty does not want to be traded this winter.
- 2 days ago21 Nov 14, 4:45am -
- Mets hitting coach wants to fix Curtis Granderson's swing
Kevin Long is not wasting any time trying to fix the Mets’ lagging offense. The new hitting coach has already had a get-to-know-you dinner with three of the team's top prospects and has scheduled offseason work with David Wright and Travis d'Arnaud…
- 3 days ago20 Nov 14, 5:22am -
- Smaller Citi Field shouldn't harm pitchers too much: Sandy
After spending four years rebuilding the Mets through stockpiling young arms and while lagging behind in offense, the Mets also did some rebuilding at Citi Field this offseason.
- 4 days ago19 Nov 14, 5:48am -
- End Zone: How Wright and Cuddyer formed friendship in Va.
He did not know him, really, but everyone in the Hampton Roads area knew about Michael Cuddyer. They’d all heard about how he was going to be a major leaguer for years. Since he was at least 11 years old, he was pegged for stardom.
- 7 days ago16 Nov 14, 2:11am -
- Terry Collins: New dimensions won't change approach
Terry Collins was at Citi Field a few days ago checking out the new outfield dimensions and Tuesday will be the first chance for reporters.
- 8 days ago14 Nov 14, 11:02pm -
- Terry Collins: Mets should be 'playing in October' in 2015
Meaningful games in September and 90 wins are nice goals for the Mets, but Terry Collins is raising the bar even higher for 2015 — the playoffs.
- 9 days ago14 Nov 14, 4:57am -
- new2014 Mets Season Review: Chris Young
It was another dud season for the one-time All-Star power hitter.After a disappointing year with the Oakland Athletics in 2013, the Mets decided to give Chris Young another shot, by signing him to a one-year, $7.25 million contract last winter. In h…
- 5 hours ago22 Nov 14, 8:45pm -
- newMichael Cuddyer answered questions on Mets' Twitter account
The newly signed outfielder answered fan questions today on the Mets official twitter handle.For half an hour yesterday, new Mets outfielder Michael Cuddyer took over @Mets, the team's official Twitter handle, to answer fan questions. Cuddyer, as yo…
- 5 hours ago22 Nov 14, 8:31pm -
- newMets Afternoon News: The search for a lefty reliever, a shortstop, and a bench player continues
Your Saturday dose of New York Mets and Major League Baseball news, notes, and links.Meet the MetsIn an update of the Mets shortstop situation, Adam Rubin says the team will wait and may pounce on a free agent should the price drop later in the of…
- 7 hours ago22 Nov 14, 6:17pm -
- newJosh Satin signs with Reds
After being outrighted by the Mets, Josh Satin has signed a minor league deal with the Reds.Utility infielder Josh Satin, who was removed from the Mets' 40-man roster at the end of October, has inked a minor league deal with the Cincinnati Reds.S…
- 10 hours ago22 Nov 14, 3:51pm -
- newMets Trade Rumors: Braves likely to trade Justin Upton
The power-hitting outfielder will probably be playing elsewhere in 2015.In a continuation of their apparent desire to retool before the opening of their new stadium in 2017, the Braves are reportedly likely to move Justin Upton at some point this o…
- 23 hours ago22 Nov 14, 2:16am -
- newAdam LaRoche signs two-year deal with White Sox
Mets fans, rejoice and be glad: Adam LaRoche has left the NL East.According to multiple reports, Adam LaRoche has signed a two-year, $25 million deal with the Chicago White Sox. The move obviously sends LaRoche to the Amercian League, thereby ending…
- 24 hours ago22 Nov 14, 2:03am -
- Mets rumors: A lefty reliever would round out the bullpen
With plenty of power right-handed arms, the Mets could use a dominant lefty to even things out.In addition to a righty-hitting outfielder to come off the bench, Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com suggested last night that the Mets could also be intereste…
- 1 day ago21 Nov 14, 8:14pm -
- Mets rumors: Ryan Ludwick or Jonny Gomes could be a good fit
Among their remaining needs this offseason, the Mets could use a righty-hitting outfielder to come off the bench.In a Twitter exchange last night, Mets beat writer Adam Rubin of ESPN New York acknowledged that among the things the Mets need is a r…
- 1 day ago21 Nov 14, 8:01pm -
The Google Ads Will Go Here!
- Quick Hits: Abreu, Thornton, Hicks
The Mets have announced that they will promote former star outfielder Bobby Abreu from Triple-A Las Vegas tomorrow. Abreu is 40 and hasn't played in the big leagues since 2012, which he spent with the Angels and Dodgers. But he made a good impression…
- 21 Apr 14, 1:43am -
- Quick Hits: Hardy, Gonzalez, Hanrahan, Davis, Harang
The Orioles are in Boston for a wraparound series with the Red Sox culminating tomorrow on Patriots' Day. Mike Seal, the agent for J.J. Hardy is in Boston this weekend, but the Orioles shortstop says it's not for extension talks. "He's here because h…
- 20 Apr 14, 10:00pm -
- Quick Hits: Prospects, Pirates, Brewers
Service time is often among the most important factors when determining when to promote a top prospect, a new analysis by Baseball Prospectus suggests (via FOX Sports). For followers of teams such as the Astros, who recently netted themselves an extr…
- 20 Apr 14, 2:38am -
- NL East Notes: Mets, Braves
Mets manager Terry Collins says he expects Lucas Duda to settle in and produce now that the Ike Davis trade has opened up the club's full-time first base job, MLB.com's Spencer Fordin reports. Duda, however, says he doesn't feel much has changed. "If…
- 20 Apr 14, 12:45am -
- Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment
SATURDAY: Lannan has accepted the assignment, ESPN's Adam Rubin tweets. WEDNESDAY: The Mets have outrighted left-hander John Lannan to Triple-A Las Vegas and purchased the contract of right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka, tweets MLB.com's Anthony DiComo. L…
- 19 Apr 14, 11:00pm -
- NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis
The Braves don't get as much attention as the Cardinals, Athletics or Rays for being well-run teams, but perhaps they should, the New York Post's Joel Sherman suggests. The Braves' relative lack of postseason success may be one factor, says Sherman,…
- 19 Apr 14, 9:21pm -
- NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu
Toolsy Pirates outfield prospect Gregory Polanco ought to be the next top prospect to win a promotion, MLB.com's Jim Callis writes. MLB.com ranked Polanco the No. 13 prospect in baseball heading into the season, and he's done nothing to diminish his…
- 19 Apr 14, 6:25pm -
- Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets
SATURDAY: The PTBNL in the deal is likely to be a 2013 draft pick, Heyman tweets. He also notes that that player, and not Thornton, is the "key piece." 2013 picks will not be eligible to be traded until the summer. FRIDAY 6:22pm: The PTBNL is "fairly…
- 19 Apr 14, 2:25pm -
- Box office open: Mets' Single Game Tickets on sale
Mets fans can officially begin planning their 2015 trips to Citi Field, as single-game tickets for next season are on sale now. Tickets, which start at $11, can be purchased by visiting mets.com/tickets or by calling 718-507-TIXX.
- 1 day ago21 Nov 14, 2:00pm -
- Mets add Syndergaard, five others to 40-man roster
The Mets added top prospect Noah Syndergaard to the 40-man roster on Thursday, along with fellow right-handers Cory Mazzoni, Hansel Robles, Gabriel Ynoa and Akeel Morris and left-hander Jack Leathersich, protecting them from next month's Rule 5 Draft…
- 2 days ago20 Nov 14, 10:15pm -
- Wheels in motion: Ex-Giant wants to win with Mets
Zack Wheeler admitted on Thursday that he couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to still be a member of the Giants as he watched them win their second World Series title in three seasons last month.
- 2 days ago20 Nov 14, 7:33pm -
- Japan trip extra special for MLB dads
For the handful of fathers and sons who spent their trip to Japan bonding in a way that life almost never allows, the All-Star Series was a throwback to simpler times.
- 3 days ago20 Nov 14, 8:33am -
- Former 20-game winner Sadecki dies at 73
Ray Sadecki, a left-handed pitcher who won 20 games for the Cardinals in their 1964 championship season, died Monday due to complications of blood cancer. He was 73.
- 3 days ago19 Nov 14, 9:40pm -
- Long to meet with Mets hitters in Arizona
New hitting coach Kevin Long wasted little time immersing himself in video of the Mets' hitters this offseason.
- 3 days ago19 Nov 14, 5:49pm -
- Mets not planning to shut down Harvey in 2015
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said on Tuesday that the club plans to have Matt Harvey in the rotation to begin the season -- and, more importantly, to finish it.
- 4 days ago18 Nov 14, 9:43pm -
- Mets moving in portions of Citi Field fences
Citi Field will be a bit more hitter-friendly in 2015, especially for left-handed hitters. The Mets announced on Tuesday that they are moving in portions of the right-field and right-center-field fences, ranging anywhere from three to 11 feet at cert…
- 4 days ago18 Nov 14, 8:26pm -
- Cuddyer for Hire
I don’t love it and I don’t hate it, that sums up my opinion on the signing of Michael Cuddyer to a 2 yr $21.5 mil deal. It does shine light on some of where the Mets are headed this off season. What I don’t love about the deal, it’s no…
- 11 days ago11 Nov 14, 6:38pm -
- Matt Kemp to Mets??????
Welcome to the Matt Kemp to the Mets bandwagon. Step up still some seats available. It’s been awhile since we’ve had some passengers here on Kemp to Mets bus but hey better late than never I always say. Last night Ken Rosenthal Tweeted that th…
- 12 days ago10 Nov 14, 4:18pm -
- Where will the line be drawn when it comes to advertising on NBA?
NBA currently has a television deal with ESPN and Turner worth as much as $930 million. This deal is due for expiration in 2016. This explains why NBA got on a 9 year deal worth $24 billion. This kind of deal will translate to an increase in NBA’s…
- 25 days ago28 Oct 14, 5:49pm -
- Touch Base with the Best Games at CaesarsCasino.com
The 2014 World Series is underway and the Kansas City Royals are taking on the San Francisco Giants for the ultimate honors in baseball. There are plenty of accolades to go around, and Kansas City certainly deserves praise for its monumental efforts…
- 25 days ago28 Oct 14, 5:48pm -
- Why you should bet on the Mets
The Mets are a New York professional baseball team that’s based in the borough of Queens, New York. The Mets were founded in 1962 and have been among the best teams in baseball. The longevity of the team gives you more reasons to bet on them. But a…
- 30 days ago23 Oct 14, 6:06pm -
- There’s A Right Way And A Wrong Way To Run A Bullpen
So we are all set for the San Francisco Giants and the Kansas City Royals to meet in the 2014 World Series. As a Mets fan this post season gets tougher and tougher to watch as we see ball parks full of fans (notice no empty seats at either AT&T…
- 36 days ago17 Oct 14, 3:11pm -
- Citi Field Still Under Construction
There was nothing with the fences at this place What do Citi Field and the Belt Parkway have in common? They are both constantly under construction. Is there a ball park in the country that has gone under so many renovations in such a short ti…
- 39 days ago14 Oct 14, 5:05pm -
- Can Man United Win the 2014/15 Title?
Now there’s an interesting question to pose? Is it at all humanly possible for them to drag themselves back into the title race? You might say they are almost mid table, but that would be unfair. They currently sit within the top 10, but with stiff…
- 43 days ago10 Oct 14, 5:02pm -