- newKang seeking at least $5 million annually for two to four years
Update – December 18: The agent for Korean SS Jeong-ho Kang says that Kang is seeking a deal worth at least $5 million annually for two to four years (Korea Herald, Dec. 18).Sandy Alderson said on Tuesday …
- 7 hours ago18 Dec 14, 11:04pm -
- newMets and Rockies were close to a deal for Dillon Gee
The Mets were close to a deal that would have sent Dillon Gee to the Rockies, but the deal is now on hold (Denver Post, Dec. 18).The Rockies, Rangers, Giants and Twins all showed interest in Gee …
- 9 hours ago18 Dec 14, 9:52pm -
- newRockies have talked to teams about Tulowitzki and CarGo
The Rockies have talked with teams this winter about trading SS Troy Tulowitzki and OF Carlos Gonzalez for pitching, but no deal is imminent (Morosi, Dec. 18).In November, Colorado representatives talked with a Mets executive, but they …
- 11 hours ago18 Dec 14, 7:45pm -
- newICYMI: Mets should keep their starting pitchers, create a new relief ace
This post was originally published Nov. 19, 2014Brian P. Mangan: The Mets will field the strongest possible roster in 2015 by keeping all of their starting pitchers, rather than trading them away for small, marginal upgrades — and converting …
- 13 hours ago18 Dec 14, 5:45pm -
- newSeven things we learned about Jeong-ho Kang from KBO expert Ryan Sadowski
It is unlikely the Mets place a bid on Korean SS Jeong-ho Kang, due to concerns about his transition to MLB, Sandy Alderson told reporters Tuesday.Teams have until Friday evening to make a bid for exclusive negotiation rights …
- 15 hours ago18 Dec 14, 3:30pm -
- newDavid Wright is swinging a bat, will visit Long in january
David Wright has resumed swinging a bat, “a little,” he told reporter Adam Rubin (ESPN, Dec. 18).Wright battled an injured shoulder during most of the second half in 2014, during which he received a cortisone shot and …
- 16 hours ago18 Dec 14, 2:00pm -
- newIn case you missed it on MetsBlog for Dec. 17, presented by Land Rover
1) On the shortstop front, the Mets likely don’t have interest in free agent IF Asdrubal Cabrera or Korean SS Jeong-ho Kang, but they continue to have interest in Mariners shortstops Brad Miller and Chris Taylor.2) As …
- 19 hours ago18 Dec 14, 11:30am -
- Latest on Mets interest in Drew, Cabrera, Kang and Miller
This week at Citi Field, Sandy Alderson said, though he continues to look for an upgrade at shortstop, Wilmer Flores will likely be his team’s starting shortstop on Opening Day.That said, the Mets still have interest in free agent …
- 1 day ago18 Dec 14, 12:25am -
- newSandy Alderson curious about Cuba, knows status quo remains
Like almost everyone else in baseball, Sandy Alderson has long been curious about Cuba.
- 44 mins ago19 Dec 14, 5:41am -
- newHarper: Mets GM Alderson could learn from Padres GM
It may turn out that Sandy Alderson is taking the right approach to building a winner.
- 53 mins ago19 Dec 14, 5:32am -
- Mets ‘unlikely’ to pursue Jung-Ho Kang: Sandy Alderson
The Mets are "unlikely," to posts a bid on Jung-Ho Kang, Sandy Alderson said Tuesday.
- 2 days ago17 Dec 14, 4:34am -
- Mets player who dresses as Santa seems to have eventful year
Over the last decade, the Met who plays Santa at the team’s Christmas party follows it up with an eventful season.
- 2 days ago17 Dec 14, 4:29am -
- Jenrry Mejia not upset by Mets saying Parnell is the closer
Jenrry Mejia is ready for whatever the Mets ask of him in 2015.
- 2 days ago16 Dec 14, 6:47pm -
- Korean SS Kang posted, Mets continue to mull bid
Jung-Ho Kang was posted at 5 p.m. Monday and teams have until Friday evening to make a bid to the Nexen Heroes.
- 3 days ago16 Dec 14, 4:50am -
- Met brass debates taking swing for Korean SS
With reports that Jung-Ho Kang will be posted for bidding, the Mets are still “undecided” about whether they'll enter the process.
- 5 days ago14 Dec 14, 4:19am -
- Troy Tulowitzki to Mets? 'Not happening' team official says
The Mets need an upgrade at shortstop, but they won't be making a deal with the Rockies for Troy Tulowitzki.
- 7 days ago12 Dec 14, 2:18pm -
- newA's trade Derek Norris to Padres for Jesse Hahn
- 4 hours ago19 Dec 14, 2:48am -
- newMLB free agency: Royals sign Kris Medlen to two-year deal
The former Brave has signed a deal with the American League champions.After capturing the American League pennant in 2014, the Kansas City Royals have added to their rotation by signing pitcher Kris Medlen to a two-year deal with a mutual option for…
- 9 hours ago18 Dec 14, 9:03pm -
- newIt's A Wonderful Life, Fred Wilpon Edition
Imagine a world in which Fred Wilpon never bought the Mets."I wish I'd never bought the team."The spoken words written on a gold slip of paper were not necessarily a prayer, but somehow found their way via the desperation clause into the New York s…
- 14 hours ago18 Dec 14, 4:00pm -
- newNationals, Padres, and Rays agree to trade that sends Wil Myers to San Diego, Trea Turner to Washington
Wil Myers is heading to San Diego, while some intriguing prospects head to Tampa Bay and Washington.According to Jim Bowden of ESPN, the Nationals, Padres and Rays have agreed to a three-way, 11-player trade, pending physicals. The headliner of the…
- 16 hours ago18 Dec 14, 2:23pm -
- newMets Morning News: David Wright's shoulder on the mend
Your Thursday morning dose of Mets and Major League Baseball news, notes, and links.Meet the MetsDavid Wright is continuing to rehab from the shoulder injury that caused him to be shut down at the end of last season. He has begun to swing a bat n…
- 16 hours ago18 Dec 14, 2:00pm -
- MLB free agency: Giants re-sign Sergio Romo to two-year deal
The 31-year-old reliever will stay in San Francisco despite losing his closing role in 2014.After winning this third World Series title with the San Francisco Giants, Sergio Romo will stay put for two more years. Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported t…
- 1 day ago17 Dec 14, 9:43pm -
- Mets free agency: Mets, other teams showing interest in Asdrubal Cabrera
The veteran middle infielder is still on New York's radar.The Mets have seen their options at shortstop dwindle over the past few weeks. First the Yankees traded for Didi Gregorius, then the Astros signed Jed Lowrie. It doesn't appear that New York…
- 1 day ago17 Dec 14, 8:54pm -
- Baseball America announces top 10 Mets prospects for 2015
Two pitchers top the list, but there are also plenty of bats in the middle.After the Mets posted a positive run differential in 2014 for the first time in the Sandy Alderson era, Baseball America expects the Mets to finally finish above .500 in 2015…
- 2 days ago17 Dec 14, 5:09pm -
The Google Ads Will Go Here!
- Quick Hits: Abreu, Thornton, Hicks
The Mets have announced that they will promote former star outfielder Bobby Abreu from Triple-A Las Vegas tomorrow. Abreu is 40 and hasn't played in the big leagues since 2012, which he spent with the Angels and Dodgers. But he made a good impression…
- 21 Apr 14, 1:43am -
- Quick Hits: Hardy, Gonzalez, Hanrahan, Davis, Harang
The Orioles are in Boston for a wraparound series with the Red Sox culminating tomorrow on Patriots' Day. Mike Seal, the agent for J.J. Hardy is in Boston this weekend, but the Orioles shortstop says it's not for extension talks. "He's here because h…
- 20 Apr 14, 10:00pm -
- Quick Hits: Prospects, Pirates, Brewers
Service time is often among the most important factors when determining when to promote a top prospect, a new analysis by Baseball Prospectus suggests (via FOX Sports). For followers of teams such as the Astros, who recently netted themselves an extr…
- 20 Apr 14, 2:38am -
- NL East Notes: Mets, Braves
Mets manager Terry Collins says he expects Lucas Duda to settle in and produce now that the Ike Davis trade has opened up the club's full-time first base job, MLB.com's Spencer Fordin reports. Duda, however, says he doesn't feel much has changed. "If…
- 20 Apr 14, 12:45am -
- Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment
SATURDAY: Lannan has accepted the assignment, ESPN's Adam Rubin tweets. WEDNESDAY: The Mets have outrighted left-hander John Lannan to Triple-A Las Vegas and purchased the contract of right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka, tweets MLB.com's Anthony DiComo. L…
- 19 Apr 14, 11:00pm -
- NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis
The Braves don't get as much attention as the Cardinals, Athletics or Rays for being well-run teams, but perhaps they should, the New York Post's Joel Sherman suggests. The Braves' relative lack of postseason success may be one factor, says Sherman,…
- 19 Apr 14, 9:21pm -
- NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu
Toolsy Pirates outfield prospect Gregory Polanco ought to be the next top prospect to win a promotion, MLB.com's Jim Callis writes. MLB.com ranked Polanco the No. 13 prospect in baseball heading into the season, and he's done nothing to diminish his…
- 19 Apr 14, 6:25pm -
- Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets
SATURDAY: The PTBNL in the deal is likely to be a 2013 draft pick, Heyman tweets. He also notes that that player, and not Thornton, is the "key piece." 2013 picks will not be eligible to be traded until the summer. FRIDAY 6:22pm: The PTBNL is "fairly…
- 19 Apr 14, 2:25pm -
- Mets host NYC kids for annual holiday party
The holiday season was in full swing at Citi Field on Tuesday, as the Mets hosted more than 150 schoolchildren for their annual Kids Holiday Party.
- 2 days ago16 Dec 14, 7:44pm -
- Hot Stove likely to remain on simmer until new year
Though it remains likely that the Mets will try to deal a starting pitcher at some point this offseason, general manager Sandy Alderson doesn't anticipate any potential trade taking place until at least January.
- 3 days ago16 Dec 14, 6:21pm -
- Mets sign Mayberry to one-year deal
After agreeing to terms on a one-year, $1.45 million deal with John Mayberry Jr. at the Winter Meetings, the Mets made the transaction official on Monday afternoon.
- 3 days ago15 Dec 14, 10:15pm -
- Inbox: Why would the Mets want to trade Gee?
Why is Dillon Gee the guy the Mets want to trade? Would it make sense for the Mets to go to a six-man rotation? Beat reporter Anthony DiComo answers these questions and more in the Inbox.
- 3 days ago15 Dec 14, 9:42pm -
- Minor Leaguer Seratelli to play in Japan in 2015
Anthony Seratelli, the infielder who attempted to become a 31-year-old rookie for the Mets last season, has signed on to play for the Seibu Lions in Japan. Seratelli announced the signing via Twitter.
- 7 days ago12 Dec 14, 4:43pm -
- Mets leave Winter Meetings with work to do
The first tangible piece of the Mets' Winter Meetings plan fell into place Thursday, as they agreed to terms on a one-year deal with outfielder John Mayberry Jr., acquiring the right-handed bat that they coveted. But the major items that populated th…
- 7 days ago11 Dec 14, 6:49pm -
- Mets sign lefty Rice to Minor League deal
The Mets have reunited with a popular clubhouse figure, signing left-handed reliever Scott Rice to a Minor League contract with an invitation to Spring Training.
- 8 days ago11 Dec 14, 6:03pm -
- Mets select left-hander Gilmartin in Rule 5 Draft
Still seeking to fill out their bullpen with a second left-hander, the Mets added a candidate to the mix when they selected Sean Gilmartin from the Twins in Thursday's Rule 5 Draft.
- 8 days ago11 Dec 14, 5:32pm -
- Cuddyer for Hire
I don’t love it and I don’t hate it, that sums up my opinion on the signing of Michael Cuddyer to a 2 yr $21.5 mil deal. It does shine light on some of where the Mets are headed this off season. What I don’t love about the deal, it’s no…
- 37 days ago11 Nov 14, 6:38pm -
- Matt Kemp to Mets??????
Welcome to the Matt Kemp to the Mets bandwagon. Step up still some seats available. It’s been awhile since we’ve had some passengers here on Kemp to Mets bus but hey better late than never I always say. Last night Ken Rosenthal Tweeted that th…
- 39 days ago10 Nov 14, 4:18pm -
- Where will the line be drawn when it comes to advertising on NBA?
NBA currently has a television deal with ESPN and Turner worth as much as $930 million. This deal is due for expiration in 2016. This explains why NBA got on a 9 year deal worth $24 billion. This kind of deal will translate to an increase in NBA’s…
- 52 days ago28 Oct 14, 5:49pm -
- Touch Base with the Best Games at CaesarsCasino.com
The 2014 World Series is underway and the Kansas City Royals are taking on the San Francisco Giants for the ultimate honors in baseball. There are plenty of accolades to go around, and Kansas City certainly deserves praise for its monumental efforts…
- 52 days ago28 Oct 14, 5:48pm -
- Why you should bet on the Mets
The Mets are a New York professional baseball team that’s based in the borough of Queens, New York. The Mets were founded in 1962 and have been among the best teams in baseball. The longevity of the team gives you more reasons to bet on them. But a…
- 57 days ago23 Oct 14, 6:06pm -
- There’s A Right Way And A Wrong Way To Run A Bullpen
So we are all set for the San Francisco Giants and the Kansas City Royals to meet in the 2014 World Series. As a Mets fan this post season gets tougher and tougher to watch as we see ball parks full of fans (notice no empty seats at either AT&T…
- 63 days ago17 Oct 14, 3:11pm -
- Citi Field Still Under Construction
There was nothing with the fences at this place What do Citi Field and the Belt Parkway have in common? They are both constantly under construction. Is there a ball park in the country that has gone under so many renovations in such a short ti…
- 66 days ago14 Oct 14, 5:05pm -
- Can Man United Win the 2014/15 Title?
Now there’s an interesting question to pose? Is it at all humanly possible for them to drag themselves back into the title race? You might say they are almost mid table, but that would be unfair. They currently sit within the top 10, but with stiff…
- 70 days ago10 Oct 14, 5:02pm -