- newWatch John Franco back on the mound at HOF Game!
- 3 mins ago3 Jun 15, 7:22pm -
- newTweet us your memory of this 10 Years of Mets on SNY moment presented by Pepsi…
Tweet your memories of Angel Pagan’s walkoff Home Run during the Pepsi Porch broadcast on 7/20/11 with the hashtag #SNY10Years and your tweet could be featured in tonight’s game.To see the previous Years of Mets on SNY moment, click …
- 1 hour ago3 Jun 15, 6:10pm -
- newWhat do the Mets do with the infield, given the Wright situation?
Matthew Cerrone: In the short-term, I think we’ll see more of Ruben Tejada at third base, Wilmer Flores at shortstop and Daniel Murphy at second base. In the next two weeks, though, Dilson Herrera will be ready to return from …
- 4 hours ago3 Jun 15, 3:35pm -
- newLast night’s Stump Gary question and answer presented by Verizon
Was Gary Cohen stumped on Tuesday Night Baseball presented by Verizon? Watch and find out…Sorry, this video could not be loaded…Comment…
- 4 hours ago3 Jun 15, 3:30pm -
- newThe road ahead will be bumpy for David Wright, Alderson and the Mets
Matthew Cerrone, MetsBlog.comIt has been nearly two months since David Wright took the field for the Mets. He was initially out of the lineup with a hamstring injury, but has since been diagnosed with lumbar spinal stenosis, which he …
- 5 hours ago3 Jun 15, 2:35pm -
- newChecking in with Vic Black and Bobby Parnell in Binghamton
Vic Black tossed a perfect inning for Double-A Binghamton on Tuesday as he continued his rehab assignment. Bobby Parnell did not pitch on Tuesday, but Terry Collins said on Tuesday that it’s unlikely Black or Parnell will join the Mets …
- 5 hours ago3 Jun 15, 2:25pm -
- newSyndergaard struggled in SD, blamed bad luck more than execution
Noah Syndergaard suffered the worst start of his brief career Tuesday in a loss to the Padres.Syndergaard, 22, allowed struck out 10 batters in four innings, but allowed seven runs and 10 hits, which raised his ERA from 1.82 …
- 6 hours ago3 Jun 15, 1:30pm -
- newMets have struck out a lot in the last two days
Padres RHP Ian Kennedy, who entered the game with a 7.15 ERA, stymied the Mets throwing six scoreless innings on Tuesday night.The Mets struck out eight times against Kennedy, then four more times against the Padres’ bullpen, while …
- 6 hours ago3 Jun 15, 1:29pm -
- newThor hammered: Syndergaard, rocked in Mets 7-2 loss
Thor got hammered Tuesday night. The big, young right-hander Noah Syndergaard was hit hard and chased early in a 7-2 loss.
- 13 hours ago3 Jun 15, 6:33am -
- newDavid Wright confident he'll return to Mets this season
David Wright has been assured by doctors that he will play again and he believes he will be back sooner than later.
- 13 hours ago3 Jun 15, 6:33am -
- newBartolo Colon at-bats the argument against the DH: Manfred
MLB commissioner Rob Manfred has the perfect argument against bringing the DH to the National League: No one would see Bartolo Colon hit.
- 17 hours ago3 Jun 15, 2:46am -
- newWright unsure when he'll be back
David Wright spoke before Tuesday's Mets game, but had nothing to say
- 18 hours ago3 Jun 15, 1:46am -
- Mets Insider: Lucas Duda sits out with swollen knee
The hits keep on coming, not for the Mets lineup, but their mounting injuries.
- 2 days ago2 Jun 15, 6:01am -
- Mets' deGrom flirts with no-hitter, beats Padres
On the third anniversary of the Mets first and only no-hitter, Jacob deGrom flirted with the second one.
- 2 days ago2 Jun 15, 4:48am -
- Collins: The worst night I've ever spent in baseball
Three years ago tonight, Johan Santana provided the best moment in Citi Field history. And that's sort of sad.
- 2 days ago1 Jun 15, 9:13pm -
- Colon hits double, improves to 8-3 as Mets top Marlins
There was a loud roar. Then sustained cheering that seemed to get louder and louder.
- 2 days ago1 Jun 15, 12:12pm -
- newMets option Danny Muno to Triple-A to make room for Dillon Gee
The team will play with a four-man bench and six-man rotation.The Mets have optioned infielder Danny Muno to Triple-A Las Vegas to make room on their roster for Dillon Gee, who will return from the disabled list and start tonight in San Diego. In 1…
- 3 hours ago3 Jun 15, 4:06pm -
- newMets injury update: No timetable for David Wright's return from back injury
Wright says there is no timetable for his return, but he will play baseball again.Mets third baseman David Wright spoke to the media before Tuesday night's game to give an update on the condition of his back. As he spoke, his sounded upbeat, but wh…
- 4 hours ago3 Jun 15, 3:34pm -
- newMets Daily Prospect Report, 6/3/15: Multi-hit games for (mostly) everyone!
Catch up on all of the Mets prospects in yesterday’s minor league action!*All results from games played on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2015Triple-A - Las Vegas 51's (29-24)_______________________________________MEMPHIS 6, LAS VEGAS 0 (Box)It's a good th…
- 7 hours ago3 Jun 15, 12:00pm -
- newMets Morning News: Wrong news on Wright followed by a Thorrible start
Your Wednesday morning dose of New York Mets and Major League Baseball news, notes, and links.Meet the MetsChoose Your Recap: Amazin' Avenue Short, Long, MLB.com, ESPN NY, Daily News, New York Times, Associated Press, Star-Ledger, NY Post…
- 8 hours ago3 Jun 15, 11:00am -
- newMets vs Padres Recap: Syndergaard struggles, Mets lose 7-2
It got ugly early for Noah Syndergaard, who gave up seven runs in just four innings of work. It happens.Much like Andrew Cashner on Monday night, Noah Syndergaard had a game to make K/BB ratio enthusiasts drool. Also like Cashner, Syndergaard got kn…
- 13 hours ago3 Jun 15, 6:09am -
- newFinal Score: Padres 7, Mets 2 — Noah fails to Gaard early lead
Noah Syndergaard endured the worst start of his young career and Ian Kennedy handled the Mets' lineup.The Mets took a 1-0 lead in the first inning but it was short-lived, as Noah Syndergaard got rocked in the worst outing of his young career.Synder…
- 14 hours ago3 Jun 15, 5:15am -
- newTerry Collins doesn't expect Mets' infield alignment to change
Wilmer Flores and Daniel Murphy will stay put defensively.Even before David Wright's injury and many subsequent setbacks, the Mets' infield was a cause for concern. Could Lucas Duda replicate his breakout 2014 season? Could the Mets survive a dou…
- 22 hours ago2 Jun 15, 9:52pm -
- 2015 MLB Draft Preview: How often does a player fall?
With the Mets not picking a player until the 53rd selection of the draft, it might be difficult to find a top talent. But it's not impossible. The elite virtually never fall that far, but several top-35 players have fallen that far in the draft in re…
- 1 day ago2 Jun 15, 4:00pm -
The Google Ads Will Go Here!
- Quick Hits: Abreu, Thornton, Hicks
The Mets have announced that they will promote former star outfielder Bobby Abreu from Triple-A Las Vegas tomorrow. Abreu is 40 and hasn't played in the big leagues since 2012, which he spent with the Angels and Dodgers. But he made a good impression…
- 21 Apr 14, 1:43am -
- Quick Hits: Hardy, Gonzalez, Hanrahan, Davis, Harang
The Orioles are in Boston for a wraparound series with the Red Sox culminating tomorrow on Patriots' Day. Mike Seal, the agent for J.J. Hardy is in Boston this weekend, but the Orioles shortstop says it's not for extension talks. "He's here because h…
- 20 Apr 14, 10:00pm -
- Quick Hits: Prospects, Pirates, Brewers
Service time is often among the most important factors when determining when to promote a top prospect, a new analysis by Baseball Prospectus suggests (via FOX Sports). For followers of teams such as the Astros, who recently netted themselves an extr…
- 20 Apr 14, 2:38am -
- NL East Notes: Mets, Braves
Mets manager Terry Collins says he expects Lucas Duda to settle in and produce now that the Ike Davis trade has opened up the club's full-time first base job, MLB.com's Spencer Fordin reports. Duda, however, says he doesn't feel much has changed. "If…
- 20 Apr 14, 12:45am -
- Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment
SATURDAY: Lannan has accepted the assignment, ESPN's Adam Rubin tweets. WEDNESDAY: The Mets have outrighted left-hander John Lannan to Triple-A Las Vegas and purchased the contract of right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka, tweets MLB.com's Anthony DiComo. L…
- 19 Apr 14, 11:00pm -
- NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis
The Braves don't get as much attention as the Cardinals, Athletics or Rays for being well-run teams, but perhaps they should, the New York Post's Joel Sherman suggests. The Braves' relative lack of postseason success may be one factor, says Sherman,…
- 19 Apr 14, 9:21pm -
- NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu
Toolsy Pirates outfield prospect Gregory Polanco ought to be the next top prospect to win a promotion, MLB.com's Jim Callis writes. MLB.com ranked Polanco the No. 13 prospect in baseball heading into the season, and he's done nothing to diminish his…
- 19 Apr 14, 6:25pm -
- Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets
SATURDAY: The PTBNL in the deal is likely to be a 2013 draft pick, Heyman tweets. He also notes that that player, and not Thornton, is the "key piece." 2013 picks will not be eligible to be traded until the summer. FRIDAY 6:22pm: The PTBNL is "fairly…
- 19 Apr 14, 2:25pm -
- newMets fall in SD, despite Thor's 10 hammers
Will Venable, Derek Norris and Alexi Amarista each knocked in two runs, and Ian Kennedy won for the first time in nearly a month as the Padres defeated the Mets, 7-2, at Petco Park.
- 12 hours ago3 Jun 15, 7:27am -
- newA day later, Thor joins Cashner in record book
Accumulating double-digit hits and strikeouts in the same game is rare enough, occurring only 334 times over MLB's long history. Doing so in fewer than five innings was quite literally unheard of until this week. Now, apparently, it's a fad.
- 13 hours ago3 Jun 15, 6:27am -
- newMets clear room for 6th-starter Gee, option Muno
To accommodate their new six-man rotation, the Mets will play with a short bench going forward. Following Tuesday's loss to the Padres, the Mets optioned infielder Danny Muno back to Triple-A Las Vegas and activated starter Dillon Gee.
- 14 hours ago3 Jun 15, 5:48am -
- newGee returns from DL to start finale in San Diego
As the Mets seek to find normalcy in their new six-man rotation, the Padres continue to rely on one pitcher in particular as their rock.
- 18 hours ago3 Jun 15, 1:45am -
- newWright optimistic, but his return is uncertain
David Wright is confident he will play again this season, stressing multiple times that it should be "sooner rather than later." But he offered nothing regarding a concrete timetable.
- 19 hours ago3 Jun 15, 12:43am -
- newFlores, Duda can't crack All-Star leaderboard
Mets first baseman Lucas Duda and shortstop Wilmer Flores may be pacing their team at the plate early this season, but neither is making much of a push on the 2015 Esurance MLB All-Star Game Ballot. Neither Duda nor Flores ranks among the top five at…
- 19 hours ago3 Jun 15, 12:23am -
- newExhibit A for no DH in NL: Bartolo Colon
MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred offered a new, timely and largely irrefutable addition to the great DH debate Tuesday. "Not having National League pitchers hit," Manfred told reporters at Comerica Park, "would deprive us of the entertainment that Bartol…
- 21 hours ago2 Jun 15, 10:21pm -
- newMets join 'Wear Orange' campaign
The Mets on Tuesday announced their participation in the first-annual National Gun Violence Awareness Day, taking photos of their players and front-office employees decked out in orange. The Mets became the first major professional sports franchise t…
- 21 hours ago2 Jun 15, 10:19pm -
- Mybookie.ag Reactions to the Mets’ 6 – 4 loss against the Yankees
Remember how the New York Mets were hoping to show the world that they have taken over the city? Well, that never really happened. After seeing off Matt Harvey with their win on Saturday, they went ahead to lose their match on Friday night. As if tha…
- 36 days ago29 Apr 15, 1:35am -
- NY Mets Fandom, Like It Ought To Be
Whew! What a day we had at the 2015 Queens Baseball Convention on Saturday at McFadden’s Citi Field. Where to begin? First off I want to thank all those who put together the QBC, not only was it an honor to be a participant; it also gave me s…
- 12 Jan 15, 3:03pm -
- Cuddyer for Hire
I don’t love it and I don’t hate it, that sums up my opinion on the signing of Michael Cuddyer to a 2 yr $21.5 mil deal. It does shine light on some of where the Mets are headed this off season. What I don’t love about the deal, it’s no…
- 11 Nov 14, 6:38pm -
- Matt Kemp to Mets??????
Welcome to the Matt Kemp to the Mets bandwagon. Step up still some seats available. It’s been awhile since we’ve had some passengers here on Kemp to Mets bus but hey better late than never I always say. Last night Ken Rosenthal Tweeted that th…
- 10 Nov 14, 4:18pm -
- Where will the line be drawn when it comes to advertising on NBA?
NBA currently has a television deal with ESPN and Turner worth as much as $930 million. This deal is due for expiration in 2016. This explains why NBA got on a 9 year deal worth $24 billion. This kind of deal will translate to an increase in NBA’s…
- 28 Oct 14, 5:49pm -
- Touch Base with the Best Games at CaesarsCasino.com
The 2014 World Series is underway and the Kansas City Royals are taking on the San Francisco Giants for the ultimate honors in baseball. There are plenty of accolades to go around, and Kansas City certainly deserves praise for its monumental efforts…
- 28 Oct 14, 5:48pm -
- Why you should bet on the Mets
The Mets are a New York professional baseball team that’s based in the borough of Queens, New York. The Mets were founded in 1962 and have been among the best teams in baseball. The longevity of the team gives you more reasons to bet on them. But a…
- 23 Oct 14, 6:06pm -
- There’s A Right Way And A Wrong Way To Run A Bullpen
So we are all set for the San Francisco Giants and the Kansas City Royals to meet in the 2014 World Series. As a Mets fan this post season gets tougher and tougher to watch as we see ball parks full of fans (notice no empty seats at either AT&T…
- 17 Oct 14, 3:11pm -