- newYasmany Tomas signs with D-Backs
The D-Backs have and free-agent Cuban OF Yasmany Tomas have reached agreement on a six-year, $68.5 million deal, which includes an opt-out after 2018 (Sanchez, Nov 26).The Mets watched Tomas, but their scouts didn’t love him (Sherman, …
- 1 hour ago26 Nov 14, 10:46pm -
- newConflict, expectations and what happens this offseason
Matthew Cerrone: In a poll earlier this week on MetsBlog, roughly 85 percent of more than 10,000 voters said Wilmer Flores is capable of hitting at least .255, with a .696 OPS, 14 HR for a 1.9 WAR, which is …
- 3 hours ago26 Nov 14, 8:45pm -
- newMostly Mets, pres. by Caesars AC: The other side of shortstop
Toby Hyde and Robert Brender look at more shortstops for the Mets, but get some perspective from the other side of potential deals. Nick Piecoro of The Arizona Republic joins in to talk about the D-Backs options, and MLB.com White …
- 3 hours ago26 Nov 14, 8:30pm -
- newJimmy Rollins is pricey, could again be available in May
The Yankees had interest in acquiring Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins, but are moving on since the asking price is too high, according to ESPN’s Jason Stark (Twitter, Nov. 26).The Mets also contacted the Phillies about acquiring Rollins, …
- 5 hours ago26 Nov 14, 7:21pm -
- newThe Tulowitzki Dream is over… for now
The Rockies will not be trading Troy Tulowitzki this offseason, according to rival officials who have spoken with the team in the past two weeks (Martino, Nov. 26).The Rockies had been listening to offers for him, they …
- 6 hours ago26 Nov 14, 6:11pm -
- newMets are looking to add to their already-strong bullpen
The Mets are interested in bringing back relievers Dana Eveland and Scott Rice (Ackert, Nov. 26), as well as Buddy Carlyle, who is drawing interest from several other teams (Vorkunov, Nov. 26).It was reported …
- 8 hours ago26 Nov 14, 3:45pm -
- newPlayers to acquire, players to lose in Rule 5 Draft
- 8 hours ago26 Nov 14, 3:44pm -
- newAlderson says Mets are willing to give up another draft pick
The Mets will consider giving up another draft pick if a player is available at a discount toward the end of the off season, Sandy Alderson said Tuesday (MLB Network Radio, Nov. 26).Alderson cited last year’s situation with Nelson …
- 10 hours ago26 Nov 14, 2:14pm -
- newGrandy expects to be a hit for Mets at new Citi Field
Curtis Granderson has heard how cozier Citi Field dimensions would’ve netted him nine more home runs last season, according to a Mets video.
- 19 hours ago26 Nov 14, 5:06am -
- Madden: Marlins, Jays, Cards, A's and Mets make early splash
It’s already been one of the busiest baseball Novembers in recent memory with the Marlins, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Mets and even the A’s (Billy Butler) all having made bold statements as to their playoff intentions for next season.
- 4 days ago23 Nov 14, 4:16am -
- Michael Cuddyer does Q&A with fans on Mets Twitter account
Newest Met Michael Cuddyer took over the club's Twitter account Friday afternoon for a chat with fans and revealed, among other tidbits, that he's unlikely to grow out his hair like Jacob deGrom and he prefers pancakes to waffles.
- 5 days ago21 Nov 14, 10:31pm -
- No Wheel deal: Zack wants to remain with Mets
Zack Wheeler says, “I know what’s about to happen here,” and that’s why the Mets righty does not want to be traded this winter.
- 6 days ago21 Nov 14, 4:45am -
- Mets hitting coach wants to fix Curtis Granderson's swing
Kevin Long is not wasting any time trying to fix the Mets’ lagging offense. The new hitting coach has already had a get-to-know-you dinner with three of the team's top prospects and has scheduled offseason work with David Wright and Travis d'Arnaud…
- 7 days ago20 Nov 14, 5:22am -
- Smaller Citi Field shouldn't harm pitchers too much: Sandy
After spending four years rebuilding the Mets through stockpiling young arms and while lagging behind in offense, the Mets also did some rebuilding at Citi Field this offseason.
- 8 days ago19 Nov 14, 5:48am -
- End Zone: How Wright and Cuddyer formed friendship in Va.
He did not know him, really, but everyone in the Hampton Roads area knew about Michael Cuddyer. They’d all heard about how he was going to be a major leaguer for years. Since he was at least 11 years old, he was pegged for stardom.
- 11 days ago16 Nov 14, 2:11am -
- Terry Collins: New dimensions won't change approach
Terry Collins was at Citi Field a few days ago checking out the new outfield dimensions and Tuesday will be the first chance for reporters.
- 12 days ago14 Nov 14, 11:02pm -
- newMets rumors: Mets would be willing to give up another draft pick
Sandy Alderson says that, given the right deal, the Mets would give up another pick.Earlier today, Sandy Alderson spoke with MLB Network Radio about his approach to the offseason, and said that the Mets would be willing to give up their second-roun…
- 31 mins ago26 Nov 14, 11:26pm -
- newDaisuke Matsuzaka to return to Japan for 2015 season
After eight up-and-down years in the U.S., Daisuke Matsuzaka will be returning to the land of his birth to play baseballOn November 2nd, 2006, the Seibu Lions made Daisuke Matsuzaka available to pursue a career in Major League Baseball via the posti…
- 2 hours ago26 Nov 14, 9:49pm -
- newMets have better odds than Yankees of winning 2015 World Series
It came from Las Vegas so you know it's true.According to Bovada's latest odds, the Mets are 20/1 to win the 2015 World Series, putting them in a tie with the defending American League champion Kansas City Royals for the eleventh-best odds in base…
- 2 hours ago26 Nov 14, 9:47pm -
- newMets Trade Rumors: Xander Bogaerts will be on Mets' radar if Red Sox shop him
The Red Sox have a surplus of position players after signing Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez, but they are not expected to trade the young shortstop.When the Boston Red Sox snagged Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval in a free-agent spending spree…
- 5 hours ago26 Nov 14, 6:43pm -
- newOlney: Juan Lagares among the top center fielders in baseball
The Mets have one of the best center fielders in baseball, says Buster Olney.ESPN's Buster Olney unveiled his list of the top center fielders in baseball this morning. Juan Lagares, winner of the 2014 National League Gold Glove Award, finished ten…
- 6 hours ago26 Nov 14, 6:02pm -
- newAmazin' Avenue Audio, Episode 95: Up all night with your emails
Jeffrey shares some thoughts about the 40-man roster. Chris shares some thoughts about guitar music.Run Time: 1:00:32In the "The Mets shouldn't let Dallas Green anywhere near Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, or Zack Wheeler" edition, Jeffrey and Chris le…
- 6 hours ago26 Nov 14, 5:36pm -
- newMets Morning News: The hot stove heats up, as the Mets show interest in bullpen pieces
Your Wednesday morning dose of New York Mets and Major League Baseball news, notes, and links.Meet the MetsRumor has it that the Mets are interested in former Red Sox lefty Craig Breslow. Meanwhile, Buddy Carlyle is drawing interest from the Mets…
- 10 hours ago26 Nov 14, 2:00pm -
- Mets Rumors: Mets interested in reliever Craig Breslow
The Mets have shown interest in the 34-year-old left-handed reliever. One of the main goals of the offseason for the Mets is to add another left-handed reliever to join Josh Edgin in the bullpen. According to Jon Morosi of Fox Sports, the Mets are…
- 1 day ago25 Nov 14, 6:09pm -
The Google Ads Will Go Here!
- Quick Hits: Abreu, Thornton, Hicks
The Mets have announced that they will promote former star outfielder Bobby Abreu from Triple-A Las Vegas tomorrow. Abreu is 40 and hasn't played in the big leagues since 2012, which he spent with the Angels and Dodgers. But he made a good impression…
- 21 Apr 14, 1:43am -
- Quick Hits: Hardy, Gonzalez, Hanrahan, Davis, Harang
The Orioles are in Boston for a wraparound series with the Red Sox culminating tomorrow on Patriots' Day. Mike Seal, the agent for J.J. Hardy is in Boston this weekend, but the Orioles shortstop says it's not for extension talks. "He's here because h…
- 20 Apr 14, 10:00pm -
- Quick Hits: Prospects, Pirates, Brewers
Service time is often among the most important factors when determining when to promote a top prospect, a new analysis by Baseball Prospectus suggests (via FOX Sports). For followers of teams such as the Astros, who recently netted themselves an extr…
- 20 Apr 14, 2:38am -
- NL East Notes: Mets, Braves
Mets manager Terry Collins says he expects Lucas Duda to settle in and produce now that the Ike Davis trade has opened up the club's full-time first base job, MLB.com's Spencer Fordin reports. Duda, however, says he doesn't feel much has changed. "If…
- 20 Apr 14, 12:45am -
- Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment
SATURDAY: Lannan has accepted the assignment, ESPN's Adam Rubin tweets. WEDNESDAY: The Mets have outrighted left-hander John Lannan to Triple-A Las Vegas and purchased the contract of right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka, tweets MLB.com's Anthony DiComo. L…
- 19 Apr 14, 11:00pm -
- NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis
The Braves don't get as much attention as the Cardinals, Athletics or Rays for being well-run teams, but perhaps they should, the New York Post's Joel Sherman suggests. The Braves' relative lack of postseason success may be one factor, says Sherman,…
- 19 Apr 14, 9:21pm -
- NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu
Toolsy Pirates outfield prospect Gregory Polanco ought to be the next top prospect to win a promotion, MLB.com's Jim Callis writes. MLB.com ranked Polanco the No. 13 prospect in baseball heading into the season, and he's done nothing to diminish his…
- 19 Apr 14, 6:25pm -
- Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets
SATURDAY: The PTBNL in the deal is likely to be a 2013 draft pick, Heyman tweets. He also notes that that player, and not Thornton, is the "key piece." 2013 picks will not be eligible to be traded until the summer. FRIDAY 6:22pm: The PTBNL is "fairly…
- 19 Apr 14, 2:25pm -
- newNo rest for charitable Granderson in offseason
By the time Major League Baseball's season comes to an end, most players want nothing more than to head straight home and relax. Not Curtis Granderson, who has been spending time supporting charities, delivering speeches and participating in fundrais…
- 3 hours ago26 Nov 14, 9:00pm -
- Dice-K will return to Japan to continue career
Right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka has decided to return to his home country, according to a report in The Japan Times on Monday, with the defending Japan Series champion Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks expressing a strong interest in signing him.
- 1 day ago25 Nov 14, 7:08pm -
- Inbox: How is the 2015 rotation shaking out?
Will the Mets address their surplus of starting pitchers via trade? Could the club be interested in Red Sox shortstop Xander Bogaerts? Beat reporter Anthony DiComo has answers in the Inbox.
- 1 day ago25 Nov 14, 3:28pm -
- Piazza looks to break through into Hall of Fame
Mike Piazza is hoping the third time is the charm when it comes to his Hall of Fame candidacy. After coming up a bit short in his first two years on the ballot, Piazza is hoping that 2015 is the year that he finally breaks through into Cooperstown. P…
- 2 days ago24 Nov 14, 3:04pm -
- Open for business: Mets' Single Game Tickets on sale
Mets fans can officially begin planning their 2015 trips to Citi Field, as single-game tickets for next season are on sale now. Tickets, which start at $11, can be purchased by visiting mets.com/tickets or by calling 718-507-TIXX.
- 5 days ago21 Nov 14, 2:00pm -
- Mets add Syndergaard, five others to 40-man roster
The Mets added top prospect Noah Syndergaard to the 40-man roster on Thursday, along with fellow right-handers Cory Mazzoni, Hansel Robles, Gabriel Ynoa and Akeel Morris and left-hander Jack Leathersich, protecting them from next month's Rule 5 Draft…
- 6 days ago20 Nov 14, 10:15pm -
- Wheels in motion: Ex-Giant wants to win with Mets
Zack Wheeler admitted on Thursday that he couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to still be a member of the Giants as he watched them win their second World Series title in three seasons last month.
- 6 days ago20 Nov 14, 7:33pm -
- Japan trip extra special for MLB dads
For the handful of fathers and sons who spent their trip to Japan bonding in a way that life almost never allows, the All-Star Series was a throwback to simpler times.
- 7 days ago20 Nov 14, 8:33am -
- Cuddyer for Hire
I don’t love it and I don’t hate it, that sums up my opinion on the signing of Michael Cuddyer to a 2 yr $21.5 mil deal. It does shine light on some of where the Mets are headed this off season. What I don’t love about the deal, it’s no…
- 15 days ago11 Nov 14, 6:38pm -
- Matt Kemp to Mets??????
Welcome to the Matt Kemp to the Mets bandwagon. Step up still some seats available. It’s been awhile since we’ve had some passengers here on Kemp to Mets bus but hey better late than never I always say. Last night Ken Rosenthal Tweeted that th…
- 16 days ago10 Nov 14, 4:18pm -
- Where will the line be drawn when it comes to advertising on NBA?
NBA currently has a television deal with ESPN and Turner worth as much as $930 million. This deal is due for expiration in 2016. This explains why NBA got on a 9 year deal worth $24 billion. This kind of deal will translate to an increase in NBA’s…
- 29 days ago28 Oct 14, 5:49pm -
- Touch Base with the Best Games at CaesarsCasino.com
The 2014 World Series is underway and the Kansas City Royals are taking on the San Francisco Giants for the ultimate honors in baseball. There are plenty of accolades to go around, and Kansas City certainly deserves praise for its monumental efforts…
- 29 days ago28 Oct 14, 5:48pm -
- Why you should bet on the Mets
The Mets are a New York professional baseball team that’s based in the borough of Queens, New York. The Mets were founded in 1962 and have been among the best teams in baseball. The longevity of the team gives you more reasons to bet on them. But a…
- 34 days ago23 Oct 14, 6:06pm -
- There’s A Right Way And A Wrong Way To Run A Bullpen
So we are all set for the San Francisco Giants and the Kansas City Royals to meet in the 2014 World Series. As a Mets fan this post season gets tougher and tougher to watch as we see ball parks full of fans (notice no empty seats at either AT&T…
- 40 days ago17 Oct 14, 3:11pm -
- Citi Field Still Under Construction
There was nothing with the fences at this place What do Citi Field and the Belt Parkway have in common? They are both constantly under construction. Is there a ball park in the country that has gone under so many renovations in such a short ti…
- 43 days ago14 Oct 14, 5:05pm -
- Can Man United Win the 2014/15 Title?
Now there’s an interesting question to pose? Is it at all humanly possible for them to drag themselves back into the title race? You might say they are almost mid table, but that would be unfair. They currently sit within the top 10, but with stiff…
- 47 days ago10 Oct 14, 5:02pm -